What I achieved at Simleader

 I worked at Simleader for almost 2 years. I first started as a Unity programmer, so C#. I had some experience in C# but mainly in Visual Studio, and I knew Unity but only enough to achieve what I want. I learned a LOT there, thanks to great coworkers. I achieved to develop 3 VR training simulations in about 14 months.

One of those was for training airfield staff to perform pre-flight inspection of the Airbus A220 airplanes. It is used at New York and San Francisco airports.


While I was definetely the worst programmer there. But my solid capabilities to handle a project within deadline and for creating very effective UI and UX made every product I touched gold, with no need for any post-launch updates, and all their customers were more than happy with the result. I just used some bad practices in my code, but customers don't see code. I had no time to learn and practice before delivering products anyway. My managers very well knew that my main programming experiences were on web when they hired me.


I then switched to a 2D artist job inside the same company, creating their products catalog, banners, social network images, user interfaces for security (police), business cards and instruction manuals for all of their products. When I finished everything, I switched to marketing prospection and quality insurance for a few months. My boss thought that I was the best person to do this role, since I rewrote all instruction manuals for all of their products from scratch. However, when COVID-19 hit the world, even some military customers were cancelling their orders to save money for other things. Sales did not took off good, despite that I contacted thousands of prospects. Many were waiting to see what would happen next with the crisis before investing in new acquisitions. When staff got fired, I decided to look elsewhere, in a place that would allow me to travel a few months per year after the crisis, so I can go live a little with my filipina fiancée over there.

Comments

Popular Posts